html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(153, 153, 0);">Boot Camp</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Boot Camp

This weekend I was at Boot Camp down in TX. Yea I know, I'm a bit too old for it, but its Spring Break, everyone at GC was either going to BC or Birmingham, practically all my coworkers posted their shifts up because they'd be out of town, and of course most of the rest of my friends I like to hang out with have Spring Break plans as well. So what else was I going to do?

Anyway I'm really glad I did go because I met some really cool people and had a great time.

Here's some pictures from on the way there:

































Just so yall know, Logan did NOT pose for these. Actually he has no clue that I even took them.

So on the way there is pretty much just the guys in the back playing around on my laptop (playing NBA Live 04, NFL Madden 04, etc...) and my iPod. I spent most of the time talking to Britney and Lydia in the front.

There at BC I spent most of the time hanging out with people like Will Giles, Britney Price, Rebecca Brown, Gabbie Webb, etc. Well... some pretty crazy stuff happened there, and had it not been for good friends like Will and Britney theres no telling what would have happened, so I just want to thank them for everything. I'd have never had such a great time this weekend if they weren't there.

Well anyway, Sunday morning we all have to get up early and leaving by 6:30, to make it back to Memphis in time for the evening service where Bro. Guss Harder (sp?) from the Phillipeans preached. So we had our own sort-of church service in the van. It was really cool. I really enjoyed the singing, especially some of those songs with tenor and bass solo's (that was a new experience for me, I've never sang a solo in my life until then, I've never been to any of these singing school these others have been going to their entire lives). So anyway here's some pictures from on the way back:

















































So Aaron, Tyler, and Lydia sat in the back. They pretty much just picked on Lydia the whole time, but I think for some reason she enjoyed it. In the front Rachel and Mary (Logan didn't ride back with us) sat, and just acted like regular pre-teen girls, gossiping away between each other. So Britney and I are in the middle, attempting to having a rather sophisticated conversation. She's actually really cool and I'm glad I got to go on the trip and get to know her, as well as the others I mentioned above.

Well thats all to say about my weekend. It was great to see everyone. Take care yall, God bless.

comments

4 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 3:23 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

you're so much better at updating than i am.

those pics are hilarious!!! Glad you had a good time. I did too.

 
At March 06, 2006 5:37 PM, Blogger tag said...

Seems like boot camp is more fun than Michael is letting on... ;) (Marcy's brother, if you didn't know)

 
At March 08, 2006 1:37 PM, Blogger X said...

He man. Glad you had some fun. This is Will

 
At March 08, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger DrSmyth said...

great pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home