html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Building a "snowgloo"</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Building a "snowgloo"

What do you get when you have two creative, less-than-mature college kids in a house surrounded by at least 5 inches of snow?

Well it turns rather interesting, see what happened in our backyard last night...

Thick snow










The start of the largest snowman in Memphis:











The 10 foot tall abominable snowman!!!!














After the snowman (which fell over, lol, you can clearly see it leaning in the pictures), we decided to build an igloo out of snow:















It proved to be hard work... after starting on the roof on the back end, we had some problems getting it really going, but after some creative ideas (eg. wedging two big snowballs together to create a "crawl-through" door) we managed to start making some serious progress:















Getting the top of the roof (the area shown above in the picture where Grace is inside the snowgloo) was the hardest part. We tried every form of packing snow into it we could think of, but couldnt manage a hole in the top any smaller than about 2 feet wide. So after Grace decided to just give up and go inside, I, being so determined to get this done, decided to roll about four smaller balls together and push them all against each other on the top, and then pack snow around them. Finally this prove successful as the roof was created at last and the snowgloo was complete!!!!

Here's pictures of the completed project (which was at about 11:30pm-midnight when I finally finished it):




















So for those of you who I told I would be at Ripley PBC today for their meeting I apologize. I woke up this morning at about 6:45am with every bone in my body aching pretty bad from all the packing snow from last night, and decided "I'll just skip the morning and afternoon services, and go to the evening one." And now I find out a little bit ago that they arent even having evening services. So I'm very sorry yall!!!! I'll try to make it next time, I promise!!!

comments

3 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 9:35 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

building a snowgloo looks like so much fun!
even though you made it from the remains of your snowman.
:P

 
At February 12, 2006 12:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am SOOO Jealous! I hate the fact that Alabama gets no snow. We got like maybe 3 snow flakes today. That STINKS!

 
At February 16, 2006 4:46 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

red eye is a scary thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home