html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: Pride & Prejudice, Part 2 (The Movie Analysis)

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pride & Prejudice, Part 2 (The Movie Analysis)

So now that I've read the book, I decided to watch the movie (the 6 hour one), and it did change my opinion quite a bit about my analysis of the characters. I watched half of it Thursday night, and half last night. Please, again, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK OR SEEN EITHER OF THE MOVIES!!!

I did gain a little more respect for Mr. Darcy, but he still seemed a rather negative character, he should have smiled more towards the end. Interesting how the original title of the book was "First Impressions" before it became P&P, seems to make perfect sense based on their situation. I loved Pemberly though, the "fancy golf course look" is what I want for my ideal home.

Mr. Bingley and Mr. Bennet were probably my most favorite characters. I just like that sense of charm Mr. Bingley puts on without any sneakiness covered up by it. And I like Mr. Bennet's sensibility, although he obviously had horrible taste in women. I could never be able to stand a mother like that like those girls did. Some of the girls I found to be most attractive in the movie were actually Mary, Kitty, and even Darcy's sister Georgiana. Oddly enough, I'm attracted to the more shy and innocent type. Elizabeth and Jane didnt seem to be all that attractive, to be honest. And no comment about Lydia as far as that subject is concerned.

Mr. Collins actually turned out to be quite a bit more of a klutz than I originally figured of him. I actually felt bad for the guy a little bit, but he turned out happily married so I guess he was fine.

Well time to go run to the library and return this P&P movie before I get hit with a late fee, so I will leave yall with a beautiful intellectual quote to always remember.

"OWW police OWWW dont beat me, OWWW!!!!"
~Rodney King


comments

1 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Please yall, I know its such an interesting subject, but don't everybody comment all at once, I cant keep up with reading all the comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home