html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: My Sister Got Engaged!!!

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Sister Got Engaged!!!

Well its official now (though I must confess I've known about this little secret for a few months now). My younger sister, Grace, is now engaged to Dustin!!! Personally I have mixed feelings about it all (too early...), but of course I know its not my place of business to have anything to say about any of that. I've seen it happen before where family and/or friends tries to intervene in a personal relationship like that. It was not a good experience, so I refuse to be a part of any of that, and I will just be happy for the both of them. Here's the letter I was sent:

Hello, all! I have some great news to share with y'all! As many of you know I have been dating this wonderful guy named Dustin Lambert for exactly 7 months and 3 days. Well, last night, Frday December 9th, Dustin proposed to me, and I said "Yes"!!!!

But now I have to tell ya how it happened.... OK, there's this student organization here in Martin, TN called the BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry) and every month they have this event called He-Brews Coffee House. It's for anyone of any denomination/religion/whatever to come and hang out with a great bunch of people and drink free coffee and snacks and have free entertainment.

Well, because his birthday is Dec 16th which is next Friday, I decided to set a surprise up for him at Coffee House. I bought him a cake and I asked this guy named Ben to go up to the microphone at a certain time and Say something to get the audience to start singing happy B-day to him, then i came out while they were singing and gave him the cake with all teh 21 candles lit...

So, we are standing in front of the stage, in the middle of the room, he just blew out the candles, then a guy on stage hands him a microphone and he says "Well, I had something planned, but... " Then he hands me a beautiful rose and on the top of it is the engagement ring! At this point I almost drop the cake, which is still in my hands, but I manage to set it down on the stage. He takes the ring, gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. I, of course, say “Yes” in this tiny little squeaky voice. And then we hug and kiss for like 5 minutes and all the while everyone is clapping and screaming. Then all the girls go up to me and hug me. All the guys go pat Dustin on the back and then lift him in the air.

By the way, Karen Taylor (one of my best friends and my future maid of honor) was there and a bunch of my other friends. Now that I think about it, there was a huge turnout at that event yesterday… haha… that makes sense now. It turns out that Dustin had a big thing ready. He was going to do a devotion about the love of God and then ask me to come up and then he'd propose, but I messed things up a little. It's OK though, he doesn't care and we agreed that this worked out better!

So, now I have finals to look forward to next week, I haven't started studying for a one. Then i'll be back in Memphis late December 16th or early December 17th. I can't wait ot show everyone the ring, its GORGEOUS!!! For those of you who don't live in Mempho, I will be sending pics out ASAP!

Everyone have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, good luck on finals, and God bless!

Love, Grace

comments

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2005 8:08 PM, Blogger polemic turtle said...

Sounds like a dreamy situation.. :-) Congratulations, for what it's worth coming from me( a non-Illuminati as concerning this particular relationship, you might say )!

May she be blessed with a loving husband and adorable children who always obey her! Wisedom, yes, wisdom also! And.. and.. TOYS!

 
At December 13, 2005 10:29 PM, Blogger Nomos said...

Conrats, Grace! I hope you and Dustin have a great life together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home