html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: My weekend all across the horrible state of TN

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Monday, November 14, 2005

My weekend all across the horrible state of TN

Well as I have told many people, my dad bought 2 tickets to the UT/Memphis game in Knoxville off of Ebay. So we took the trip up there Friday night. The game was Saturday at 1, but it was a 6-7 hour drive so we left Friday night. We stayed at the Barber's house Friday night (many thanks to them for their gracious hospitality and warm invitation into their home). We wanted to stay there Saturday night too and go to Covenant PBC Sunday morning, but unfortunantely we had already made plans to meet Grace and Dustin in Jackson, TN at 2pm Sunday afternoon and then I would need to get back home pretty earlier Sunday evening to do some Accounting homework. So anyway, on Saturday we left for the game. Matt Barber and Greg Peterson came with us. We parked my car at Greg Peterson's work and just took one car up there. Once arriving at the game, we at first sat in our original seats way up in the nosebleeds, but due to a lack of oxygen supply we were forced to move down. We spotted Matt Case and his wife in the lower level along with Michael Rushing and his girlfriend and decided to move down there. Eventually Matt and Greg joined us so it was the 8 of us with only 2 dressed in a horribly ugly shade of orange (I was getting on their "Case" about it the entire game). Although rather disappointing after having a 13-0 lead and then barely losing (remind yall of the UAB game?) it wasnt bad. I wasnt too opmistic without DeAngelo out there. But it was still fun. Anyway after the game, my dad and I drove to Cookeville, TN for the night, where I had to buy new dress shoes because I left my only pair at home. The next morning we headed up to Nashville and went to church at Radner PBC. I saw quite a few familiar faces there including Dan Beauchamp. We werent able to stay for lunch though due to the fact that we had to rush off to meet my mom, Grace, and Dustin in Jackson, TN to celebrate her birthday. We went to some 50's style restaurant there and had a nice 3:00 in the afternoon meal. We even had the embarrassing pleasure of all the waitresses coming over and annoucing to the whole place that it was Grace's birthday. They made Grace do some hilarious dance that I was trying so hard to take a picture of, but couldnt get the camera ready until it was all over. So unfortunantly I am unable to post a picture of it here for yall's humoring entertainment. Well after that me and my parents came back to Memphis and Grace and Dustin went back to Martin and that was pretty much it. I'll post some more stuff on here in just a day or two so please keep coming and read yall.

God Bless,
Joe

P.S. O btw I was already considering this, but due to popular request, I am growing my hair out to the same style as in the picture posted below (when I was 17). Or at least I'll be making an attempt at it, I cant guarantee I'll ever be able to make it look that good though.

comments

5 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At November 14, 2005 2:44 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

I didnt know you were a long horns fan?

 
At November 15, 2005 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO VOLS! Is that better? Everyone knows that GO BIG ORANGE is in reference to the "real" UT - The University of Tennessee Volunteers with the Pride of the Southland Marching Band and the forming of the T - Smokey - The Hill - The Torch - Checkerboard Endzone - Vol Navy - Tennessee River - 100,000+ Vol fans! Should I go on and on and on and on and on and on? Because you know I can! :-) All in good fun buddy!!

 
At November 15, 2005 5:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well I just have 2 words for you Mr or Ms. Case.....Roll Tide.

But Joe I know how you feel after having to watch your beloved team lose. But if it was any consolation I was cheering for the MEMPHIS tigers the whole game. Hated to hear the report come over the loud speaker at teh Alabama game that yall lost. All around a horrible day....

 
At November 15, 2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Also Joe expect to see you at the meeting this weekend. Or you will be in a lot of trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home