html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: Pictures from my childhood

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Pictures from my childhood

So I was sitting around my room yesterday (Monday afternoon) and should have been studying, but didn't really feel like it. So I decided to rummage through my old pictures and look for a particular one of a former handcapped friend Derek Cournoyer (who had Muscular Distrophy), and my dad, and I all in a picture standing next to Congressman Harold Ford Jr. back when we were in 8th grade and on a field trip to Washington D.C. By using the word "former" to describe Derek, I am not indicating he is no longer a friend, but that God decided to take him home a year or so after that particular picture was taken, he was never cured of Muscular Distrophy, but I'll go into more detail when I get a picture of him on here. But of course since I was looking for the picture, it did not turn up anywhere, but I did manage to find some other cool pics I thought I'd scan and post on my blawg. So I'm here at work today, and tried to scan all the pics (which btw I saw Ryan come in to the computer lab while I was scanning, and to my knowledge he's still in here). I didnt manage to get all the pics scanned because the scanner was too slow and I havent yet developed a sense of patience, but I did get a set of 3 scanned that I thought it would be cool to post on here, and since I seem to love to post all my pictures in sets of 3, here they are:


This picture was taken, assumably, in December of 1985 (evidence of the month by the Christmas stockings in the background). Yep, I was a rather handsome young fella' back in my younger days.





















Here's a lovely picture of when I was probably 7 or 8 (probably 1991 or 92) or so. Also pictured is our lovely former cat Emily. Unfortunantly Emily passed away in Febrauary of 2001, just about 10 days or so before her 20th birthday. A little over a year later, March 30, 2002 to be exact, we got a new cat that we currently have to this day, pictures of her are below on this blog, and I'll probably post some new ones of her very soon.
















This one was during the summer of 2001 (I think), at Mobile, AL. I was just a young 17 year old then, ahh the good ole days....

comments

1 Comments:

At November 09, 2005 4:17 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

awww...look at Joe :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home