html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: Prayer request

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Prayer request

Well I apologize for my last post, as I'm sure many of you (or rather, both of you) thought it was incredibly corny. Anyway this post is something much more serious and I really need prayers about it. The particular person I had this conversation with, I am confident would not mind me revealing his name, however since I did not ask for his permission to do so before posting this I will hide his IM and replace it with the lovely word "Anonymous." I emailed this conversation to a few people, and then thought, this is something I cant just email, I need to post it to everyone. Although I am rather ashamed about some of it, I really need these prayers from everyone. Well I'm still in doubts about this (like some others) post and whether or not I should be posting it on my blog, so if anyone feels as though it should not be posted please IM me or email me at joe444477@hotmail.com and let me know and I will remove it ASAP.


joe444477: i received some pretty upsetting news this weekend that i'd like to ask u for a prayer request for
[Anonymous]: okay
[Anonymous]: what's the news?
joe444477: my cousin is in jail right now, awaiting trial for "unintentional manslaughter"
joe444477: (thats a felony charge, btw)
joe444477: actually i dont think its "unintentional" but nonetheless it is officially manslaughter
[Anonymous]: wow
[Anonymous]: I will be praying
joe444477: he was drinking and driving, with his g/f, and his friend and his friend's g/f. he got into a wreck, both the girls were ok, but his friend was killed
[Anonymous]: that's too bad
[Anonymous]: Although I hope he gets punished, I'll be praying that the Lord will change his heart
joe444477: yea, i think he deserves a good 5-10 years at least, and some serious counseling, or maybe this is a time for him to find God in his life, maybe he needs revival
[Anonymous]: yep
joe444477: me too, i havent seen this cousin in about 2 years
joe444477: he lives in Jacksonville, FL
joe444477: we'll theres sort of some more bad news too
joe444477: my grandfather is in VERY poor health, and has been on oxygen for about 5 years now
[Anonymous]: I'll pray for them both
joe444477: my uncle got into an argument with him this weekend, and stormed out of their house. i think from the pressure of the argument, when my grandfather stood up to get into his wheelchair, my mother and grandmother noticed his oxygen level was at 59 (which is unconcious level), he was still concious, but had he passed out, that would have been his life
[Anonymous]: wow
joe444477: my mom and grandmother were worried to death right then that night, they were holding him and try to relax him, this was taking place all at about the time we were at Collierville on Sat. night
[Anonymous]: Does he live in FL, also?
joe444477: no, this was in Florence, AL
joe444477: both of these people are on my mom's side of the family, we're not going to tell my grandfather about the situation with my cousin getting arrested, for fear of what might happen, after that episode this weekend
[Anonymous]: I can imagine
joe444477: i'm very concerned about some of my family on my mom's side, a lot of them are well... very wordly, a lot of them dont even believe in God, and those who do are a different denomination, none of them are P.B.s
joe444477: i pray for them so much
joe444477: this has just been very stressful, along the situation between me and ***** that i'm sure u know all about by now
[Anonymous]: Well, trust in the Lord
[Anonymous]: and he will see you through
joe444477: i am, its hard, by i am giving it every effort i can managae
joe444477: manage*
joe444477: i need prayers though


I couldnt think of the word during this conversation, but the charge on my cousin is "involuntary manslaughter." So anyway I'm sure nobody that reads this knows my grandfather, but if for some strange coincidence you run into him, PLEASE DO NOT SHOW HIM THIS CONVERSATION!!!!

This whole situation has been very stressful for my mom especially, she definently needs prayers as much as anybody mentioned here. Thanks.

God Bless,
Joe

comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home