html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: A poem from boredom

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A poem from boredom

So whats going on.... well its now been exactly 9 weeks and 4 days since my last haircut. I also have about 4 more days of freedom (counting today) before returning to the dreadful school with a semester filled with the enjoyable Programming and Database Management. Anyway I was at work yesterday in the computer lab, bored (as usual) so I decided to type up a (corny) poem in notepad while I sat there at the workstation, send to myself in email, and post it on my blawg whenever I felt the need to make another post. So here it is, please try to enjoy it yall.

A quiet day at work

Boredom, while sitting here at work,
on the computer I play;
a quite small crowd of students lurk,
on this not-so-busy day.

So a poem I have decided to write,
reflecting thoughts on this book;
Sense and Sensibility seems just quite,
a confusing story from the look.

So absent minded I have amounted to,
confused and dazed is now my mind;
what the story is, I wish for just a clue,
nothing more I can seem to find.

While I sit here searching online,
looking for something just to bring about;
what more can I seem to incline,
besides to what writing this poem can amount.

As I sit here on this computer so light,
and so comfortably my mind shall lay;
Simply nothing more can I find here to write,
in this lovely boring poem today.

comments

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey thats nice...
I like it. Sums up pretty much all I have done this week...nothing.

 
At January 14, 2006 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's pretty good! are you going to be cutting your hair any time soon?

(Hey Adam!)

 
At January 14, 2006 10:05 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Adam- yea, been trying to keep busy mostly, but work has been, and always is, a bore.

Rachel- I wasn't planning on it, does it not-look-so-good long? I am hoping it gets better with time as it grows out really shaggy, but by April if its not working right I may go back to the military-style cut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home