html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(102, 0, 204);">The return of teh Surge!!!</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The return of teh Surge!!!

Today I learned something. Something that probably most of yall know already but anyway I'm going to say it just because I want to and I need something like a blog post to procrastinate me from getting started on some homework I should have been doing hours ago.

So yall remember the soft drink Surge? Lord knows I do, I was clinically addicted to it back in the late 90's until it went off the market. Well I was at work today (and still am, btw) in the McWherter Computer Lab, and decided to take a break and walked over to the administration building at the Univ. of Memphis and get something to eat. I bought a bag of chips, and then decided to spend $2 of my hard earned money on one of these strange non-alcoholic beverages called an "energy drink." This was not my first time drinking one of these, but it was the first time I really recognized something about the taste.

These new energy drinks that Coke puts out called Full Throttle is what I had to drink. And I found something strangely familiar about the taste when I drank it today. It tasted just like Surge!!!!!

So now it all makes sense, Surge went off the market back around 1998 or 1999 because it was making kids too "hyper." And now, finally, that rich taste it brought to my mouth is back, in a more expensive bottle.

Speaking of hyperness yall should really check out the latest post on the Hyper blog. Thanks and God bless.

comments

6 Comments:

At April 09, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger X said...

AMEN! Love that stuff.

 
At April 09, 2006 9:10 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

oh, me too! me too!

 
At April 09, 2006 9:37 PM, Blogger BirdTrainer said...

I'm going to have to try some of that. Surge was the best.

 
At April 10, 2006 12:02 AM, Blogger tag said...

Ack, keep it away from Colvin...

 
At April 10, 2006 12:29 AM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Will- Amen and I still owe you one for that one you gave me at BC. I'm paying you back whether you like it or not. ;)

Natalie- I just bought a 4-pack tonight at Kroger on my way home from G.C. If I have any left in two weeks I'm bringing them to yall's meeting. (And if yer nice, I just might offer ya one)

Surge-4-Ever!!!


....in other good news, I signed the petition today to get King Willie thrown out of office, the Memphians are going to love hearing that.

 
At April 10, 2006 10:36 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

this can't be good! LoL...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home