html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">This week</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

This week

As school finishes up, as college students are in finals week, I'm sure the last thing anyone wants to do is read a post full of all text, and no picture. However, I am just about out of any pictures to post, and there is still one month until my birthday when I will (hopefully, and Lord willing) get a digital camera. Not to mention I have misplaced the USB cord to my parents' digital camera so until I get my lazy rear end to Best Buy to purchase a new one, or find the old one, I cannot transfer pictures from their camera to my computer.

Well anyway, enough of the complain, time for the stuff I wanted to post about. Whats been going on this week? Well I got a haircut yesterday (my first hair cut in 21 weeks and 6 days) at an Immitation Barber Shop (you know, a place that calls itself a Barber Shop but has women working there, sorry yall I'm not sexist, but when it comes to Barber Shop the place needs its full masculity to be official) so now my hair no longer looks like a big wad of hair-gel.

In other news, I have not shaved in certain parts of my face for 8 days now (since right before the Z.R. meeting). I have decided to try to grow some form of a beard, and some side-burns that stretch all the way down to my beard, and possibly a mustache (depends on what it looks like when it grows out, whether its ugly or not). All I have shaved is my cheeks on the parts that are closest to my nose.

Also, I got Microsoft Excel Certified on Tuesday. I took the test for one of my classes, and you need a 690 out of 1000 to get certified (getting certified counts as an A on the test for the class). So when I get done I see that my score is an 893, which counts for a 97 test grade in the class. And any day now I should be receiving my certification in the snail-mail. I have been told this will look great on my resume, so I'm pretty excited.

In final news, Ribs for dinner w00h00!!!! (specifically Dry Ribs, authentically-smoked Memphis style)

Well thats all I have to say right now. So until next time, God bless, and best wishes on finals for all yall college students out there.

comments

6 Comments:

At April 29, 2006 9:14 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Thanks J-Rog. I'll be sure to check it out next time I get a cut. ;) 'Preciate the tip

Also, I just edited my post to include the news about my Microsoft Excel Certification.

 
At April 30, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger X said...

Yeah, I remember when I was younger of a great barber shop. Two guys, one of them an old codger. (I liked the old one the best) Buck's Barber Shop. That was a great place.

 
At May 01, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Reya said...

I agree about the barber shop. Barber shops are a man kind of place. And i also am not trying to be sexist. BTW, i wish i had some ribs right now too.

 
At May 02, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger joe4444 said...

John- I drove through that shopping center after church Sunday night to see if I could find the place your talking about, and all I could find was a Super Cuts. Are you sure its the Kroger on Summer?

Bro. Kevin- sounds like a good place, what road is it on or where is it near?

Derrick- next time you come to Memphis i'll hook you up (on those ribs) ;)

so many good Barber Shops around, but they're all so hard to find, I guess thats their trend, just like PB churches...

 
At May 02, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

I might get a haircut before HH.
I'm afraid I'll look like a hippy pretty soon.

:/

 
At May 03, 2006 12:21 AM, Blogger tag said...

I must be crazy... I keep thinking you have Some Beach playing on your blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home