html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">Zion Rest Meeting</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Zion Rest Meeting

Well I had quite a weekend. This is about the only opportunity I'll have in the next few days to post, as my schedule is loaded with tests, finals, and such. This weekend I went to the Zion Rest meeting and had the best time ever. I'm sorry that I do not have pictures to provide from the meeting, but for Christmas I had the choice of asking for an iPod or a digital camera, and I think I made the right move (Nawill would agree). Anyway if you want to see pics check out the Lydginator's blog.

The meeting was most humbly blessed by the preaching of Bro. Glen Blanchard and Bro. David Montgomery. The fellowship was more than I can talk about. And a thanks to the Water's and the Kitchen's for letting me stay over at their homes each night we were there. So Friday night all of us guys went swimming in the Water's pool. And Saturday night we had an intense game of basketball in the dark at the Kitchen's house. Sunday we stayed for communion, which was the most emotional part for me. I teared up during the footwashing. I've never been to a church before where others will kneel down with you and help you wash someone's feet. I like that though, it shows how much love everyone has and it just humbled me.

Anyway, theres so much more I could talk about from the meeting, but I'm drawing a mental blank (all these tests are getting to me) and I need to get back to studying. So anyway I hope everyone else had a great time. Have a great week everybody and God bless.


"How many Primitive Baptists does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"None, they just sit around in the dark and preach about the days when they had light."
~Brother Glen Blanchard

"Why don't Primitive Baptist church's have seminaries?"
"Because we don't like to think of our church as a career option. 'Well I flunked out of engineering school, its off to the ministry for me."
~Brother Glen Blanchard

comments

3 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger X said...

You finally posted. Glad to see you had a good time. Now if I could only get down to GC meetings.

 
At April 24, 2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

I am so glad you got to come, Joe. Our home is open to you anytime. All the memories of the weekend just keep popping into my head.

 
At April 25, 2006 4:24 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

Sounds like you had fun. Wish I could have gone, but its a rather lengthy drive...

Bro. David Montgomery was there? Awww...I haven't seen him in a while.

Don't let those tests stress you out too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home