html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(102, 102, 0);">An interesting afternoon...</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An interesting afternoon...


Well so this morning I had an appointment to take my car in to Barlett Auto Upholstry to have some work done. Specifically, having the head-rest repaired, the driver's side seat sewn up, and some leather arm-rests being sewed on to the arm-rest on each door in order to hide and protect an ugly-looking damage to the arm-rest that I've had on the passenger's side of the car since I bought it. So now I can finally stop using the seat cussion on the driver's seat in my Celica, yay!!!!

Anyway, he told me it would be about 3 hours to do the work, so after dropping off my car, I walk down Stage Road (this is a busy 6-lane highway) to the second-run movie theater and see that the earliest showing is Final Destination 3 at 12:55pm, so I then proceed to walk down to Bartlett Lanes (about 3/4 a mile to a full mile from the Upholstry shop my car is at) and bowled about 3 games. Of course not having my ball or shoes on me, I am forced to resort to what the lane provides me in each of these catagory, and let me tell you its literally impossible to bowl a hook-shot with one of those lane balls. I bowled three of my most mediocre games ever, a 107, 100, and 137. After leaving the bowling alley I proceeded to walk back to the movies, by the time I was nearly there it was about 12:45pm, but then I got a call that my car was ready, so I continued walking to Bartlett Auto Upholstry to pick it up.

Having got my hopes up on seeing this movie, I decided to go ahead with it (after all, it was only a cheap matenae [sp?] at a second-run movie theater, who cares if I'm by myself, thats prideful thinking anyway). I must admit, it was not a bad movie at all, but they could have made the death's a little more gruesome, like the first two. Nonetheless it was still rather gross, and had an interesting story-line. I give it 3 and a half stars.

So all in all, not a bad day for a Wednesday afternoon. And I guess almost something worth blogging about.

comments

4 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 1:10 AM, Blogger tag said...

You bowl? Cool, me too, although a 130 is pretty average for me...

 
At May 25, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well...at least even without your shoes and ball you still made it above 100 which is something that I dont think I have ever done....so Hoorah for you.

 
At May 26, 2006 4:32 PM, Blogger X said...

I don't think I can make a hundred.

 
At May 27, 2006 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My high score is 137 I think. We go bowling every now and then. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home