html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(102, 0, 204);">St. Louis Vacation</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

St. Louis Vacation

So over the past week or so I have been on vacation to St. Louis with my parents, my sister Grace, and her fiance Dustin. Here's how our adventure went:

Day 1, Tuesday (trip up to St. Louis, Lamberts):


So on the way up we decided to stop at Lamberts (Home of the Throwing Rolls) for dinner. Here's Grace, Dustin, and my Mom.

And me and my dad (check out my goofy smile).


It was a long trip...


Day 2 (The Zoo, The Science Center, History Museum):

Me and some turtles...

The whole bunch of us. Notice how only one of us is smart enough to wear SHORTS on vacation.

There was some pretty wacky stuff at that science center.



Day 3 (Cardinals Game, The Arch, Downtown St. Louis):

Here's the new Busch Stadium. Here's the view my parents and I had from the outfield. Grace and Dustin sat in some seats behind home plate that I scored a good deal off of on e-bay (they had better seats than us). Actually 4/5 of our tickets we purchased off e-bay (and trust me you get really good deals off e-bay, way lower than the retail price of each ticket) and then one from a scalper.

I look so nerdy in my glasses.After the game we make the walk right over to the Arch.

Looking down from the top of the Arch. Notice how they design it so that you have to lean over to look out, and this way if you look straight down out of the window, you feel like your hanging on 600 ft in the air by a thread, and its very scary, which I loved.

Looking straight down from the top.


Day 4 (Six Flags, Chillin' at the hotel):


We spent pretty much all day at Six Flags (9:50am-5:15pm to be exact, and it was open from 10am-6pm). Here's us men (me, my Dad, and Dustin) waiting in line for, I think it was, The Batman roller coaster ride. The line was about 45 min. to an hour, but it was worth the wait.

Here's the park from some place high up in the air. The roller coasters visible from this pictures are Mr. Freeze (the blue one in front), The Boss, and The Screaming Eagle (both wooden roller coasters in the back).

The new Superman ride that opened that day that we were there. It broke down consistently, but we managed to get a ride in on it that scared Grace to death.

On the Ferris Wheel...


Day 5, Saturday (Grants Farm, trip home, Lamberts again):


Here's a slobbery animal at Grants Farm. They allow people to feed them after paying a fortune for animal food. At least they were kind enough to provide complimentary hand sanitizer afterwards.

We decided, since it was once in a long time thing, to stop at Lamberts again on the way back for lunch. Dustin ordered a Chef's salad. Trust me its much bigger than it looks in this picture.Here's the whole thing, with a portion of my face trying to get into the picture.

And that was our 2006 vacation to St. Louis!!!
(More pictures to come in a few days when I show yall some off Grace's camera)

comments

6 Comments:

At May 21, 2006 5:43 PM, Blogger tag said...

That look is starting to remind me of William Turner... not so much on the big pictures, but the thumbnails do.

 
At May 22, 2006 1:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude..you look totally different with that beard. Makes you look very intellectual when you through in the glasses. Keep it up.

 
At May 23, 2006 12:45 AM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Andrew- umm sorry but I dont know any William Turner.

Adam- is that a good thing? ;) I think you should grow a beard too.

Nawill- I wouldnt mind going back myself. Next year, if your parents will yet you, I say you, me, and maybe any other guy who wants to come, take a road trip up to StL for a week during the summer and check out a Cards game and everything else (and I'll be sure to help you get some girls' numbers up there ;) j/k!!!

 
At May 23, 2006 1:40 PM, Blogger tag said...

Ok, William Turner is a character from Pirates of the Carribean... one of the main characters... this guy named Orlando Bloom plays him...

 
At May 23, 2006 6:22 PM, Blogger X said...

Looks like you had fun.

 
At May 24, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

Those roller coasters look sooooo fun and that salad looks sooooo good!

Glad to see you had fun on your vacation...one more day of school and then I'll be enjoying summer vacation too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home