html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">Birthday at a Redbirds game</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Birthday at a Redbirds game

So for my 22nd birthday I decided to invite some of my friends out to a Redbirds game at Auto Zone Park in downtown Memphis. Specifically it was Nawill, Seth, Rebecca G., Anna Grace and Gabrielle Fulmer, (this cool mexican guy that was a friend of Rebecca's, I forgot his name though), Andrew, Roy, Harris, Ryan, Lydia, Tyler, Luke, Matt and Rebecca C., Grace and I. Of course my birthday was last Tuesday, and for it I received a digital camera, so I decided to make use of my new gift by taking a few shots to remember this occassion. Here are some that I'd like to share with yall:


Matt, on the way there.

Nawill, and I think some other people.... at the entrance.

The whole crew. We switched around seats a lot so if you notice some of the pictures below of us in different seats please do not be alarmed. The game was more of a social event than actually watching the game (and with the kind of season the Redbirds are having thats about the only way to have fun at it).

Starting pitcher for the Redbirds, Anthony Reyes. In the bottom left corner of the picture there is also a nice shot of Nawill's fingers.

Grace, Royster, Anna Grace, Rebecca and Matt. Grace thinks that I wasnt including her in the picture.
After the first inning, Rocky the Rockin' Redbird goes around on a four wheeler to high five all the kids. As you can see there were a couple of over-grown kids that he got to high five last night (*cough* Nawill and *cough* Roy *cough*).

Lydia, Gabrielle, and Andrew having a good time at the game. I wanted to get a better picture of Andrew, but after searching through my camera, I couldnt find any other of him that I took, so you'll have to settle for a shot of him in the middle of a yawn. However Gabrielle and Lydia certainly do look lovely as always.
And here's another shot of those lovely young ladies at the game.
Anna Grace and Seth just enjoying the game.


As you can see, Matt met an interest young lady at the game that he sat by. However, she was just so embarrassed to be seen with him having that pile of orange trash on his head that she was too embarrassed to be seen in a picture with him. Better hope Rebecca doesnt find out about this mysterious young lady.
Ryan. He wasnt too social, but seemed to have a good time watching the game.

Grace and I, at one of the few moments I did not have the camera in my hands.

Roy thought he could handle two BBQ Nachos...
On the way back I got a couple shots in the car. Here's one that I was threatened to receive rather harsh treatment if I posted it. Valuing my life, I decided to cut out the part (on the left side) that would have inflicted this harsh treatment upon me. So here's the "silly" picture of Rebecca C., Harris, and Matt.
Thanks to everybody who came, I had a great night and a great birthday. And a special thanks to Gabrielle and Anna Grace, as well as Lydia and Ryan who gave me a rather touching card making me feel so much better about going through this awful tragedy.

comments

5 Comments:

At June 06, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Table of Stone said...

wow, what a fun group of people! Can you all come to my birthday? its not until september but maybe if i ask now, it isn't too far from a reality

 
At June 07, 2006 9:06 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

that looks like it was so much fun! if any of ya'll are going to Boot Camp this July, i'm having my 16th bday party right after.

:O)

haha, that pic of roy is hilarious.

 
At June 07, 2006 11:15 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

thanks for puttin all those on here! I love pictures...especially ones of people havin fun! And I'm sure yall were doin just that!

And i know for a fact those Beauchamp boys are great to have around for a partay! ha! But don't take them bowling...they'll stomp you!

 
At June 09, 2006 3:09 AM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Emily- Sure ;) just as long as I get an invitation I would be happy to be there, and I'm sure all the other Memphians would think the same.

Gabbie- cool, I am actually probably not going to BC, sorry.

Lacey- Your welcome, I'll try to remember to put lots of pictures up in the future, as well (getting the digital camera for my birthday does help).

Yea those Beauchamps are quite the social ones, but just out of curiousity, what is their bowling average?

 
At June 09, 2006 11:28 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

I have no clue...I just remember that we played Jackson people against Memphis people (me and La representing for the girls! ha!) and the Memphis people completely stomped us! I don't know averages...I just know they're really good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home