html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(102, 0, 204);">Summer 2006, One for the Memories</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Summer 2006, One for the Memories

Well, even though its officially been over for a week now, this is my first opportunity to give the summer of 2006 its proper send off, as it so deserves. So here is a recap of one of the most memorable summers of my life, in order of events.

There was that fun trip to St. Louis back in May, with the stop at the famous Lamberts, home of the throwing rolls.

Dustin and I looking up at the Arch during that fun St. Louis trip...

The only baseball team I got to see this year that is actually winning, GO CARDS!!!

The Redbirds game that I invited my good friends from G.C. to for my birthday. Thanks everybody who came. It was fun, the socializing that is, the Redbirds have been nothing short of a disaster this year.
In mid-June, right before Harmony Hill, I had the pleasure to go to the Tyler Meeting and stay at the house of some former Memphians who knew my dad well, the Machiavello's.
Ok Nawill I know you've been waiting for these next two pictures, so for your convenience, here they finally are. At the Tyler Meeting an intense, bloodshed game of pool went down between two friends and fellow church members, yet bitter rivals. Here we have the loser falling down on the pool table in utter defeat...
...And here is the reigning champion!!!!!
Harmony Hill, one of the windiest places this side of the planet.
Bro. Joey made us all amazing singers. Well, everyone except me, I still sing like a frog, and freeze up everytime I try to start a song when I am leading.
On the way back from Harmony Hill, I had many intellectual and rheotorical conversations during the 10-hour trip with my good buddy Davis Beauchamp.
Camp Moriah. I supposed this has already played itself out, but just a reminder of what kind of mess four guys in a tent can make.

In the hottest months of early-July, even right in the middle of the off-season, you still see us Memphians getting out there to play basketball every chance we get. This was during Seth's birthday, Nawill has to show off of course.
So during the latter half of July and the first week or so of August I had the priviledge of taking a summer course at the U of M. During it came the Grace Chapel meeting. Here is some of what we PBs do most, besides socialize, its sing!!!

In August, I decided to take a final trip to Alabama to cap off the summer, to visit my cousin Andrew. Here is when we went swimming. Being the mature young men we are we had to have fun with the inflatable animals.
Goodbye Summer 2006, you will always be remembered!!!
Bring on football season!!! GO TIGERS!!!! Boo Vols!!!!



Also, if anyone would like a copy of some or all of my sets of pictures for the summer of 2006 (I have a total of about 500 pictures), then please contact me and I will set you up with a personal CD of the pictures you choose, absolutely free of charge. God bless.

comments

12 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

ah...what a great summer.

i'm already counting down the months until Boot Camp and Harmony Hill. teehee.

Go Tigers???
nooo, GO LONGHORNS!!!

i think i might take you up on that offer...

 
At September 02, 2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Go Tigers, yes, but that would be real tigers.

War Eagle!!!

 
At September 03, 2006 9:03 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

Goodbye summer 2006!
Hello Tiger Football 2006...I think yall just might've made a fan out of me! :)

 
At September 04, 2006 8:55 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

ha! You can always tell when football season has started when the Memphis people are around...all their posts end with Go Tigers!

...but, then again, some of their posts end that way when it's not football season! ha! :) gotta love 'em!

 
At September 05, 2006 1:11 AM, Blogger tag said...

Well, now that summer is over, I'm ready for Christmas...

 
At September 05, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO VOLS!!!!

 
At September 05, 2006 8:36 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

no you didn't! ha!

Does Matt Case get on here? :)

 
At September 06, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Androphenese said...

GO TIGERS!

 
At September 06, 2006 12:09 AM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Gabrielle- Well have to talk about that offer. Anyway, Go Tigers!!! Longhorns had their turn last year.

Lacey- Awesome :) its always nice to have another fan, and we need a good energetic cheerleader (you'll fit nicely for that). Go Tigers!!!

Nawill- thanks man, I declare a rematch at pool next year.

Matt (disguised as Anonymous, apparently)- BOOOOOOO VOLS!!! you can only say "Go Vols" when I'm sick at my stomach (because then I of course am trying to puke, so I need something that will make me puke).

Lacey again- I'm afraid so

Andrew- AMEN BROTHA!!!

 
At September 07, 2006 12:42 AM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Sadly your right Nawill. At least South Carolina will beat them, thank God for Steve Spurrier, the rest I'm afraid I have to say the Vols can probably win.

 
At September 07, 2006 9:34 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

dun dun dun...

 
At December 03, 2019 2:29 AM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

bape hoodie
fila
moncler
kd 11 shoes
off white jordan 1
vapormax
louboutin shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
christian louboutin outlet
off white

 

Post a Comment

<< Home