html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 153);">Summertime just makes me sick!!!</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summertime just makes me sick!!!

[Warning: this post will probably be boring to most of yall, as it does not include pictures, but just my own personal ramblings from the past few days]

Ok, no I'm not sick of summer. No I didnt title this because of the fact that I started my Analytical Tools summer course this morning. Its not because I'm through with all the camps, singing schools, vacation, and other craziness summer brings. It is because I am really sick!!! And I think it has to do with this summer weather.

Sunday I woke up with a sore throat. No big deal right? It'll probably go away after my shower. It didnt... It'll probably go away by noon? It didnt... It'll probably just be for today and I'll be fine tomorrow. It didnt. Of course it seemed to become more than just a sore throat by Sunday evening after I realized after a game of basketball with Nathan, Roy, and Andrew, that I was feeling quite light-headed. I somehow barely made my way home after skipping out early on their party that evening at the Beauchamp house, because I had to work at 8am the next morning. I noticed my head still thriving in pain when I got home, so I figured a good night sleep and hopefully it will be better in the morning...

Monday morning I wake up to more intense pain that I could imagine. Not only is my head throbing, it feels as though it is stopped up, my throat still sore as ever, and I'm feeling chills up and down my body, sounds like a fever? I took my temperature, and low-and-behold, 98.0. So I somehow managed to carry myself to work in this painful condition (because I want the money, and its just sitting there at the computer and once-in-awhile having to hear some stupid question). It seemed to get better throughout the day, as I took 2 throat drops and about 6 various headache pills (2 Advil and I dont know what the others were). I came home still feeling kinda ackward inside, but capable enough that I figured I would mow the lawn, although had anyone else been home they'd have probably advised me otherwise. I mowed the entire front and got the hard part of the backyard down before it became too dark to see. I came inside and nearly collapsed. I layed on the floor for about 15 minutes before getting up to cook a dinner that I would barely eat.

This morning its just gotten that much worse. Its now headache, light-headedness, inability to fully turn my neck in either direction, sore throat, and chills all through my body, all felt at the same time. So in hopes that somehow God would destroy this virus or whatever I have (possibly the flu) sometime today, I headed out to the first day of my summer second session class that begins today. Sitting in class wasnt too bad, and then I had to come in to work right after that for a shift I picked up Monday, after feeling sick and knowing I would probably not want to come in for this shift. So here I sit, having not eaten anything all day, and having eaten less than a meal yesterday. I'll probably force something down my throat later this evening, for nutritional purposes, but otherwise I still do not have the least bit of an appetite, which may make fasting tomorrow prove to be not much of a challenge.

O what fun the summertime brings!!! God bless!!!

comments

6 Comments:

At July 11, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

Uh oh! I hope you feel better...that's gotta be miserable. I'll pray that you feel better! :)

 
At July 11, 2006 11:31 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Thanks yall, I definently appreciate the prayers. I'm actually starting to feel better this evening. I'm hoping its just a nasty virus with a lot of side-effects and its finishing off, but its been an on-and-off thing a lot and I'm not getting too opmistic.

 
At July 13, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger gabbie said...

Ick. Sounds awful. Hope you feel better soon!

 
At July 17, 2006 7:54 AM, Blogger CherryLimeade said...

Dude! You've been going places in that condition? Poor guy! Sheesh, why didn't you call someone or go to the doctor or something?! I got a cold after camp, but it wasn't bad. Where did you come up with this illness? I'm going to make you feel bad, okay? Dude, you could've gotten everybody at church and work sick. Hehe. j/k w/ u. I hope you get to feeling better. *scoffs* By the time I get things commented on, everyone's over it and ready to start anew. I'm so out of it. Catcha l8er.
Btw, HOW COME I DIDN'T GET A DR PEPPER?! I had to take a sip of someone elses, and the whole time he was going, "just a sip, JUST A SIP... THAT'S MORE THAN A SIP!!" lol.
L8er dude.

 
At July 17, 2006 7:56 AM, Blogger CherryLimeade said...

PS. Stupid me, I just looked at the date and that was a week ago. *sigh* I'm glad you're feeling better.

 
At July 17, 2006 9:48 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

You've been going places in that condition? Poor guy!

I had no choice. Work doesnt get done by itself and I dont get food on the table and clothes on my back from lieing around sick all day.


Where did you come up with this illness?

Very good question...


Btw, HOW COME I DIDN'T GET A DR PEPPER?! I had to take a sip of someone elses, and the whole time he was going, "just a sip, JUST A SIP... THAT'S MORE THAN A SIP!!"

Sorry, you shouldve asked. And... umm, your not coming to the meeting either... well whenever I do see you again, a Dr. Pepper, my treat.


Stupid me, I just looked at the date and that was a week ago.

lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home