html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(0, 153, 0);">One last weekend of freedom</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One last weekend of freedom

So I finished my Analytical Tools class Thursday, and learned that I had an unplanned weekend ahead of me, so I decided to take a trip down to Florence, AL to visit my cousin Andrew. Now my grandmother was out of town, so we crashed at her house. I drove down Friday after work, and Friday evening we ate dinner at Barnhills buffet, then went bowling, and then to the mall, then to Blockbuster and rented Wedding Crashers to watch back at my grandmother's house (we were going to see a movie at the theater but decided otherwise). And did I mention I we cruised town in Andrew's '98 Chrysler Sebring Convertable. Of course being the person I am I forgot to bring my camera with me on Friday night, so there are no pictures here from that.

Anyway the next day, Andrew had soccer practice in the morning. Then in the early afternoon we went swimming at the house next door. Below are some pictures from that. After swimming, we just got something to eat and then sat around playing Scrabble. At about 4:30pm, I headed back to Memphis. Well it was a better weekend than sitting around at home. Well here's the pictures I got when we were swimming:

Andrew jumping off the diving board. They had some blown up animals around the pool when we came over, so being a couple of mature young men, we decided to have a little fun with that.





I am grossly oversized for the shark.









Mr. Crocodile seemed to have a good time swimming on his back. :)








Floating in the middle of the deepend. I think the water was about 8ft. deep below me.








Andrew and the Crocrodile.









Riding on the seal, it wouldnt let me stay on it for long.









Can you guess why the Seal is smiling?









And that is what you get when two mature young gentlemen go swimming in a pool on a lovely Saturday afternoon.

comments

2 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 2:23 AM, Blogger gabbie said...

Hahaha.
I'm sorry...but I do believe that you've gotten the definitions for "mature" and "immature" mixed up.

Hahaha, just messing with ya!
Looks like you had fun.
All I can say is...poor, poor inflatable pool animals.
:)

 
At August 21, 2006 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww I LOVE the picture of you kissing the seal!
Its adorable!

-Hailey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home