html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">Coach Calipari is a Democrat</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Coach Calipari is a Democrat

Well I'm not 100% sure about this, but I did see a "Cohen for Congress" sign in Coach Cal's front yard as I drove past a few times a few weeks ago. And of course Steve Cohen is a Democrat running for Congress in the Democratic primary election yesterday (not sure yet if he won, I haven't been able to find out the election results yet).

For those who are not from Memphis, this just interesting because Coach Calipari has been the Univ. of Memphis basketball coach for 6 years now and he would never admit what political party he was affiliated with.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." ~Harry S. Truman

comments

5 Comments:

At August 05, 2006 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the primary...Dem v. Dem...all his sign meant was that he thinks Cohen is not as bad as teh other dem...

 
At August 06, 2006 4:25 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Nathan- Jimmy Carter certainly was not the best of presidents, personall I feel he may have been a bit incompetent, and ranks down there with Lyndon Johnson on the list of Democrat presidents (though he's no where near as bad as Bush Jr.), and Reagan (despite his lack of ability as a father) actually accomplished a great deal as president, even if it wasnt all right, which is what I think Calipari likes. I see Coach Cal as more of a nonpartisan Moderate, personally, which is best because then you know for sure when you vote that its not just because of the political affiliation, or because of your family or friends persuations, but because you actually favor the candidate and his views.


Anonymous- I dont normally respond to anonymous posters, I despise the idea of doing them, I normally do not respond to them and delete them (I make them available on my blog so friends can comment without having to register with blogspot), but this one this time I will keep and respond to, just this once.

Certainly you are correct that it could mean Calipari only supported him over the opposing Democrats, but tell me this, how many Democrat primary candidate signs would you put into your yard if your a big right-wing Conservative? probably not any. I know I would definently not put an Ed Bryant or Van Hillary sign in my yard, even though I favored either of them (mainly Ed Bryant, because Van Hillary has no issues whatsoever and cant run anything in his commercials but a flat out attack of his opponent and then at the end "vote for Hillary, a change for the better"). The point is, that we don't know for sure what Coach Cal is, but I think its likely that he is fairly Liberal in some ways of thinking, which is good and bad in some ways as well. I'll keep investigating on it though. ;)

 
At August 06, 2006 9:12 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

If you've been around you Memphis people for ANY length of time, you HaVe to know who Coach Cal is...

"It is what it is!"...right Nathan?!

 
At August 06, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Now that I reread my above comment, it appears horribly miswritten in some areas.

O btw, love the new profile pic Lacey. ;)

 
At August 07, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger LaceyP said...

thanks...my friends picked that one for me...they said to trust them...so there ya go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home