html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(153, 51, 0);">Am I just stupid?</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Am I just stupid?

The question has found its way into my mind many times. Especially when its like my entire class understands something, and I'm clueless. Well, on October 18, 2005 I was driving up Graham St, and turned into the Exxon just before Summer, and turned too sharply and hit the curb with back, right side of my car. I pulled up to a gas pump, got out, and saw that my back right tire was flat. I filled up with gas, and then drove behind the station and changed the tire.

So, today being the one year anniversary of this infamous incident, it only be fitting that I celebrate it the proper way (not on purpose, of course). I was driving along a parking lot in Cordova, glanced in a store on my left, and BAM!!! I felt the same right side of my car bang into the curb. I pulled over, got out, looked on the right side of my car, and well.... yall can do the math here....

It was about 8:00pm that I noticed this, umm... "celebrated anniversary" event occur. About 8:10pm I had the spare on and all ready to go, but noticed it being flat itself. I drove right around to the Fill-N Station, and wasted 50 cents on what should be free, air to fill up the tire.

Does this happen to any person in their right mind? What are the odds the same thing happens the same day exactly one year later? Am I in the Twlight Zone?

They say "the second time a dog bites you, its not the dogs fault anymore."

comments

5 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 1:08 AM, Blogger wam_home said...

Sorry that happened to you Joe. Perhaps you should consider not driving on the 18th of October. It is kinda "freaky" though.

im blogging too @
www.ynotblogtoday.blogspot.com
check it out!
l8er.
TM :-]

 
At October 19, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Dani said...

well, if it makes you feel any better, I ran into the bank this one time and blew out two tires.

There is an intellegent, ok not quite danielle is an idiot reason.

As far as the blog goes, I have mentioned it to the precious few I know, but they don't get on very often. Sides, I've had an id forever, just no blog.

 
At October 19, 2006 2:02 PM, Blogger tag said...

There is something about numbers and dates that haunts me and I'm pretty sure is trying to kill me... as far as repeatedly driving into curbs... no comment.

 
At October 23, 2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Dude, that's crazy!

 
At October 24, 2006 11:30 PM, Blogger joe4444 said...

Bro. Tony: 'Preciate the advice. I'll go ahead and add your blog to the list on my sidebar, and try to visit it whenever possible. Thanks.

Dani: lol, but I'm afraid I still have you beat. Back in February of 2002, one day on my way to HS in my Senior year, I ran over a pot hole and had two flat tires as well.

The rest of yall: I completely agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home