html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> Joe's Blawg: <span style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">Parallel Parking, isn't it fun?</span>

Joe's Blawg

Nothin' special here. Just ordinary "blawg" conversation from a typical college student striving to glorify Christ with every minute of his life.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Parallel Parking, isn't it fun?

If you are one of the 8 PB's who currently attend the Univ. of Memphis, I am sure that you have experienced trouble parking. There are two main parking lots at the U of M, Southern (which is on the south side of campus) and Central (which is on the north side of campus). I typically parking in neither of them.

Being a Business major, I typically find myself parking somewhere on Patterson (north of Central) or on the small side street in front of Richardson Towers. There was one particularly difficult occurance a couple weeks ago that forced me to pity my car and the hard work it does to save me from a further walk. Last Tuesday (a
week and a day ago, same day as my last post), I forced my car, with the beautiful Harold Ford Jr. stickers on the back bumper, to muscle its way into a spot with about 2 inches to breathe on the front and back side, between the cars around me. And although I try not to be "proud" of things like this, I felt it was at least worth a blog post. Its just a little reminder about how aggressive one must be in parking at the U of M.

comments

3 Comments:

At November 03, 2006 12:36 AM, Blogger Dani said...

I really hate parallel parking, I do it on campus, but I never get far enough over.

 
At November 05, 2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Dani said...

did you see the new ad, for the lexius that parallel parks itself

 
At November 14, 2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

That is definitely commendable! Two inches! I stand in awe and applaud you. I would probably have given up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home